WARNING: The tutorials on this page involve modifying files in the flash. There is a potential for something to go wrong and being unable to start up your PS3 properly. This can be fixed by re-installing your CFW.
- 1.Install the package and execute the application.
- 2.Accept the license agreements.
- 3.Select Settings Lock, and choose the desired mode.
Note that it is recommended to not switch modes often, as each time the mode is switched, it writes to your flash chip and there is a remote chance that something may go wrong.
- Lite Lock: Locks Update, System Settings, and Network Settings.
- Full Lock: Locks all settings in the Settings column.
- Disable Lock: All locks are removed.
- 1.Run the XMB Lock application and select Settings Lock and choose "Disable Lock".
- 2.Ensure that all settings work properly, and then uninstall the application as normal.