XMB Package Downloader
WARNING: The tutorials on this page involve modifying files in the flash. There is a potential for something to go wrong and being unable to start up your PS3 properly. This can be fixed by re-installing your CFW.
XMB Package Downloader, or XMBPD, is an add-on for Rebug REX that allows you to browse and download categorized homebrew and over 900 themes from the XMB. Note that this software will most likely software brick any console not running Rebug REX. This can be fixed by re-installing the same firmware.
You will need Cobra and CFW Settings enabled in Rebug Toolbox while you are installing or uninstalling the app. You will also need an account on your PS3 that has been on PSN at some point. It does not need to be signed in, or have to connect to PSN, but if you do not have a PSN account on your console, you will only be able to view and download themes.
- 1.Download and install the PKG
- 2.Run the app and agree to the license agreements
- 3.Select "Install XMB Package Downloader"
- 4.Agree to license agreement again and select Yes twice to do a hard reboot
- 1.Browse to Network column → Package Downloader, and select desired category and homebrew. The homebrew will automatically install
- 2.Press Circle and Yes to back out to the XMB
You will need Cobra and CFW Settings enabled in Rebug Toolbox while you are installing or uninstalling the app.
- 1.Run the app
- 2.Select "Revert to standard XMB"
- 3.Agree to license agreement and select Yes twice to do a hard reboot