For a much more effective protection when playing online, it is recommended to have two separate hard drives: one for OFW and one for CFW. This way, all of your homebrew can be stored on the CFW hard drive, and the OFW hard drive will be completely clean. To swap between them:
- 1.Take note of the CFW that you are currently on. You will need a PS3UPDAT.PUP of this CFW.
- 2.Remove your hard drive (CFW HDD), and insert the clean hard drive (OFW HDD).
- 3.Place the dual boot firmware's PS3UPDAT.PUP in a folder called "UPDATE", and place that folder in a folder called "PS3" on the root of your USB storage device.
- 4.Remove any disks from the Blu-Ray drive.
- 6.To revert back to CFW, simply repeat this process with the CFW PS3UPDAT.PUP and inserting the CFW hard drive.