Installing Ferrox is just like installing OFW, but we'll cover it anyway: 1. Verify that your console is capable of installing CFW by using minverchk 2. Download Ferrox from the official PSX-Place post. 3. Unzip the file and verify that the MD5 matches with an MD5 checker. 4. Remove any disks in the Blu-Ray drive and disconnect the console from the Internet. 5. Create a folder called "PS3" on the root of your USB storage device. 6. Create a folder within the PS3 folder called "UPDATE". 7. Place the firmware within the UPDATE folder and rename it "PS3UPDAT.PUP".
- If you are on Windows and have file extensions hidden, name it "PS3UPDAT" instead
- 1.Plug your USB storage device into your PS3.
- 2.If your USB ports are broken, you can update in Recovery mode by placing the PUP file in
/dev_hdd0/vsh/on your hard drive or in
/NOT/UPDATE/on a DVD.
- Turn the system off.
- Press the power button, but keep holding, even past the first beep.
- Continue to hold as the system beeps again.
- Let go when the system double-beeps and shuts off.
- Now, repeat the above steps.
- Once you're in Safe Mode, connect a controller with a USB and choose option 6.Alternatively, you can go to the System Update section of Settings. It may appear to hang while it checks for an update; so long as the loading icon is spinning, it is searching. Depending on the speed of your storage device, it may take a couple of minutes to find it.
- If it reports the data as corrupt, double check the file and folder names, try re-copying the update, and try re-downloading from the link above. 1. Select the Ferrox update, proceed through the prompts, and allow update to install and reboot.
Once you reach the XMB, your console will be jailbroken! If it didn't work, try installing again or going from the recovery menu (if you didn't).
Last modified 2yr ago