Accessing the Recovery Menu
If your PS3 is having issues, the recovery menu may help you fix them. You can also update your firmware here.
- 1.Remove any disc and USB device and turn off your PS3.
- 2.Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and back off. Release the power button.
- 3.Hold the power button again until you hear a quick double beep. Release the power button.
- 4.Plug in your controller and press the PS button.
- 1.Restart System:
- Restarts the PS3.
- 2.Restore Default Settings:
- Resets any changed system settings back to default. This is safe to use on CFW.
- 3.Restore File System:
- Checks for corrupt/missing system files. This is safe to use on CFW.
- 4.Rebuild Database:
- Rebuilds the OS for the PS3 - This may take hours. This is safe to use on CFW.
- 5.Restore PS3 System:
- Full system format; Deletes all files except the firmware, and restores default system settings. This is safe to use on CFW.
- 6.System Update:
- Update the PS3 firmware via disk or USB; Remove any disks if you are on CFW!